Wednesday 11 May 2011

Classic'Morrow Fly Feature #4 - Marcus Mighty


Basketball and Movies... two of my biggest loves, Coose08 really hits the spot when it comes to creating Basketball Mixes! Marcus Mighty, known to the YouTube world as Coose08 is a 23 year old sports highlight editor out of my hometown Bristol. Ive been a big fan of Marcus's work since we were in college together and Ive seen his mixes come on leaps and bounds! His latest mix (shown above) is too dope and i'm really lovin the small comparisons and clips of Jordan. I'm clearly not the only one that enjoys his work because recently Marcus's mixes have landed him an offer from a huge sports broadcaster overseas. 

What are some of the things you enjoy doing when your not making mixes?
When I’m not mixing...mmm..learning about things that can help me with mixing..lol...umm..I’d have to say working out in the gym, that’s really the only other thing outside uni work i do that isn’t mixing, occasionally play basketball when i can be bothered and have some free time, but i like mixing too much because i know I’m good at it so that takes up all my time

Who/what are you inspired by?
I was inspired by a mixmaker or should i say one mix in particular called “Kevin Garnett Unleashed” by Can$k (can be found on Youtube). After i saw that i was amazed because of how it made me feel after watching it and started following mixing more often, downloading NBA videos... eventually my computer had little space to save more clips, so i put all the best highlights from all the videos i had into a mix to save memory...which is now recognised as NBA vs Streetball which has 4.4 million views.

How do you define yourself?
Well i know that i work hard in the things i enjoy doing like my mixes. If you look you can see really big jumps of improvement between all my mixes in some way, and i want to keep making those jumps because that’s what sets me apart from other mixers because I’ve created my own style..... since the Derrick Rose - Deja Vu 312 release I’ve gotten praise from one of the best if not the best mixer around at the moment and two other elite mixers (Domino, Farenheit & DamnShow). So to answer the question i don’t stop and don’t give up which is how i define myself, because it always pays off.

Why did you decide to start making mixtapes?
As  kids we all have active imaginations and sometimes there comes a point where you grow out of it and i never really did. I had all these ideas going around in my head but no way to express them so one day i looked on my computer and saw windows movie maker and with a computer full of clips i made a mix to Xzibit - Front 2 Back, which never made YouTube because it didn’t exist and my computer got wiped. However i made a similar version as my 2nd mix which is on YouTube called Sick Dunks, and it really went from there.

What are you working on at the moment and what can we expect in the near future?
Well right this second I’m learning how to use Photoshop because I’m making a slide show for my girlfriend which maybe shown if she agrees to it in July. Im also making a Boston Big 4 vs Miami Big 3 mix which I’m trying to finish by the end of May followed by a Playoff mix for some time in August, so very busy. All this alongside my degree which is in Sport & Exercise Science, which isn’t even media related.

Where do see yourself in 10 years?
In ten years? Well I’ve been contacted by TNT Sports Creative Director from the US. He knows in studying until summer of next year so hopefully when i graduate i can work for them and see where that takes me. Possibly into movies because I’m not 100% sure where TNT are based but somewhere in CA. Ultimately i want to be mixing/ video editing in some way rather than the degree that I’m doing and it’s looking like that may happen. Im hoping i get a call from ESPN, Sports Center or NBA Tv, but who knows.

Good luck for the future buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment